
Well, the longest of the long runs is over. I ran 18 miles on Saturday! I started out on the neck in Marblehead and ran to Wakefield. It was such a beautiful day and the course I ran was great. I started about 6am and finished a little after 9. My dad was with me every step of the way. What a great guy for getting up so early on a Saturday! He followed me along with water and made sure I was ok the entire way. He has been so instrumental in this process, I don't think I would've made it this far without him. Hard to believe that 3 weeks from today it will all be over. It's been a crazy ride but I am looking forward to that finish line. It's taper time now, so for the next two weeks, I'll be taking it "easy" just doing some shorter runs and light cross training.
No comments:
Post a Comment