2010 TNT North Shore Group
Welcome to my running blog. I'm currently training to participate in the San Diego Marathon on June 6, 2010 as a member of The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's (LLS) Team In Training. I am running in honor of my friend, Gina, who was recently dianosed with Hodgkin's Lymphoma in early January. This will be my first marathon so I am a bit nervous but excited too. I have been running since 2005 and have completed several 5K's, a half marathon (Walt Disney World 2006) and most recently, a triathlon (Salem, MA 2009). I figured that this was next on my "bucket list" so I am going for it. I hope you will visit my blog often to read about my journey to the San Diego finish line. Buckle up, this promises to be a wild ride!


Sunday, March 21, 2010

Over the hills and through the woods...









I did my first "cross country" road race this morning at Olde Salem Greens in Salem. It was a 5K and we ran all over the golf course and cart paths. I have a whole new appreciation for all the men out there who play golf in summer heat and lug golf bags up and down those hills. I think it's fair to say that this 5K was harder than my 10 mile run yesterday. Some of those hills were brutal! But, I did it. I finished in a little over 30 minutes which wasn't bad considering the difficulty of the course. After 10 miles yesterday and running all those hills today, my legs need a break.

No comments:

Post a Comment