2010 TNT North Shore Group
Welcome to my running blog. I'm currently training to participate in the San Diego Marathon on June 6, 2010 as a member of The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's (LLS) Team In Training. I am running in honor of my friend, Gina, who was recently dianosed with Hodgkin's Lymphoma in early January. This will be my first marathon so I am a bit nervous but excited too. I have been running since 2005 and have completed several 5K's, a half marathon (Walt Disney World 2006) and most recently, a triathlon (Salem, MA 2009). I figured that this was next on my "bucket list" so I am going for it. I hope you will visit my blog often to read about my journey to the San Diego finish line. Buckle up, this promises to be a wild ride!


Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Runnin' Against the Wind...




Wow, was it windy today or what?! Combine that with running by the water and I thought I was going to be picked up and carried away. Needless to say, today's run was a bit challenging. I felt like I was running in place at times because the wind was so strong. I was able to run 5 miles outside this morning (thank goodness the rain stopped). One thing to my advantage was that I did an "out and back" route so the wind was against my back on my return and it pretty much carried me with it. The tough part was the first 2.5 miles. Overall it was a good run, nice to be outside. Tomorrow is cross training, Friday is an "easy run" and Sunday is 11 miles! Weather for Sunday looks perfect for running. Let's hope it stays that way...

No comments:

Post a Comment