2010 TNT North Shore Group
Welcome to my running blog. I'm currently training to participate in the San Diego Marathon on June 6, 2010 as a member of The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's (LLS) Team In Training. I am running in honor of my friend, Gina, who was recently dianosed with Hodgkin's Lymphoma in early January. This will be my first marathon so I am a bit nervous but excited too. I have been running since 2005 and have completed several 5K's, a half marathon (Walt Disney World 2006) and most recently, a triathlon (Salem, MA 2009). I figured that this was next on my "bucket list" so I am going for it. I hope you will visit my blog often to read about my journey to the San Diego finish line. Buckle up, this promises to be a wild ride!


Saturday, April 3, 2010

Bye Bye Blisters




What a great day it is! Sunny and warm, couldn't ask for anything more! Spectacular morning for running too! I ran 12 miles this morning with my TNT group. There weren't many of us today; only 2 full marathoners and 2 half-marathoners. We had lots of mentors out on the course which was great. Kelly, Lisa, Patricia and Andy were all out there cheering us on and providing us with water and Gatorade. Joe even came for a little bit at the beginning of the course. They were wonderful motivators! I felt strong the first 9 or 10 miles and then my back got a little sore towards the end. There was quite a few hills on our route today which may have had something to do with it. I finished in about 2 hours only having to walk a little at the end. I know I'll be ok, nothing a little rest and some ibuprofen won't cure. More importanly, I tried the old vaseline trick for my feet today and I got NO blisters. YAY!! The vaseline helped to prevent the friction that would've caused the blisters. So, my feet are as soft as a baby's bottom and blister free. Hard to believe 12 miles is behind me and next week I'll be doing an actual half marathon in Newmarket, NH. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment