
Bet you never thought you would see the word "serenity" on a running blog?! Well, I think I found serenity this morning when I was running. I am dogsitting for my friend, Kathleen, in Marblehead this week. One of the perks of my staying in Marblehead is that the ocean is so close. I woke up before the sun this morning at 5am, took Zeus(Doberman) out for a walk and then I set out on my morning run. I ran 5 miles along the ocean and it was amazing! I saw the sunrise right over the water. It looked like a big ball of red fire. It was truly breathtaking...or maybe it was the hill I was running up simultaneously that took my breath away...I'm not exactly sure which. :) Five miles along the ocean as the sun was coming up was SO much better than my usual Tuesday morning run on my "lucky" treadmill. I can't wait till Thursday morning when I can run again!! I'm not going to want to go home on Sunday. Between running along the ocean and spending time with Zeus, I'm not sure what I'm going to miss more!
Joe looks like he has a big belly in that picture
ReplyDelete